SmartText, group text messaging, available right within your ChamberMaster database allows you to contact your members, community, or other individuals via group text messaging. Use it to promote your own events or gain non-dues revenue by offering the service to your members at a fee.
SmartText Basic Concepts
SmartText has great capabilities and is easy-to-use. Here are some foundational concepts to help understand how SmartText works with ChamberMaster.
- SmartText is currently limited to subscribers on US mobile phone carriers. Canadian carriers will be included in the near future based on demand.
Credits & Costs
- One credit equals one text – either a received text or a sent text.
- One credit currently costs .05 cents. Credits do not have an expiration date and are non-refundable.
- Purchase additional credits right in your ChamberMaster database under SmartText->Purchase tab.
- When someone subscribes to your list, that will cost 2 credits = 1 for the incoming request and 1 for the automatic thank-you reply. So, one subscription will cost .10 cents at the current rate.
- Sending a single group text to 100 subscribers would cost $5.00.
- Sending a single group text to 500 subscribers would cost $25.00.
- Sending a single group text to 1000 subscribers would cost $50.00.
- This list is opt-in only; Subscribers must opt in to be included in your subscriber groups. Lists of phone numbers may not be imported. Existing mobile phone numbers in ChamberMaster will not auto-populate your subscriber list.
- In order to have subscribers opt in, you must create a keyword – either a shared keyword (no charge) or a custom keyword ($25/month). (done on the Setup tab)
- Practice and testing can happen without a keyword.
- If desiring to have different lists of subscribers (event list, board member group etc), you must create a group and have your subscribers opt in to each group. You must setup these groups prior to advertising your opt-in information to the public so that subscribers are placed in the proper groups. Subscribers may not be moved from one group to another.