Payments, Sales Receipt, Credits, and Deposits
Receiving payments, creating sales receipts, credits and entering deposits is done in the Billing module.
First, determine the account to which payments and receipts should be deposited. See Selecting Payment and Receipt Deposit To Account. If selecting that payments and receipts should be deposited in Undeposited Funds, you will also make a deposit transaction in ChamberMaster/GrowthZone.
- Note: Payments should be accepted when needing to pay off an invoice. Sales Receipts may be created when accepting money on a Cash Basis. Credits can be created ahead of time or at the time of payment.
When payment is received, you can enter a payment in one of three locations: the Billing Center tab or Payments tab in the Billing module, or the Account tab in the Members module.
A receipt is created when accepting money on a Cash Basis. If you are receiving money to pay off an invoice, make sure to receive a payment instead of creating a receipt so the invoice can be marked as paid. The Sales Receipt Summary report will display sales receipts transactions.
A credit may be created for a member ahead of time or created when receiving the payment. Credits do not have to be associated with a particular invoice when created. In contrast, discounts must be associated with a particular invoice. The Credit Memo Summary report will display credit transactions.
- Create a credit
- Apply a credit before payment is received
- Apply a credit when payment is received
- Associated credit reports
Deposits are only available when payments and receipts have been deposited into the Undeposited Funds account. See “Selecting Payment and Receipt “Deposit To” Account” for more information. The Deposit Summary report will display deposit transactions.
- Note: If planning to export your transactions to QuickBooks or other 3rd party billing software, making a deposit using Integrated Billing deposit options does not take away your option of being able to create a deposit in QuickBooks. The Integrated Billing deposit transaction can be excluded from your export, allowing you to also make the deposit in QuickBooks.
If a member does not pay, it is possible to write-off a balance. You may wish to have an account in your Chart of Accounts where these amounts will be recorded. Write-offs can also be done [[Mass Write-Offs|in mass when dropping members with the Mass Drop feature.
See Managing Refunds.
A discount may be applied to a particular invoice at the time of payment or prior to payment received. A discount is associated with a specific invoice and may only be removed by accessing the assigned invoice. In contrast, Credits do not have to be assigned to a particular invoice.