Email Sending Options
Once email recipients are selected in ChamberMaster/GrowthZone, there are two methods of sending the email.
- Using ChamberMaster/GrowthZone's built in email tool.
- Using Microsoft Outlook (if installed on your computer).
Depending on your needs, you may choose to send some email directly from ChamberMaster/GrowthZone and some from Microsoft Outlook. Each method has its own strengths.
Advantages to Sending Email with ChamberMaster/GrowthZone
- Easy access if already logged in
- Gives access to current addresses in your database
- Ability to create “mail merge” emails
- Ability to embed attachments as links
- Ability to use templates
- Ability to schedule the email for future delivery (for users of the Plus edition or greater)
Advantages to Sending Email with Outlook
- Access to additional email addresses not in your database
- May add additional CCs and BCCs
Both methods of sending email will record in the Communication History. See Recording Communication History for more information.
Note: This selection will open whatever the email program is set as the default for your web browser. Whatever email program opens when you click on a “mailto” link is the email program that will be used when you click Email with Outlook.